Overnight Backcountry Ski Touring In Whistler
Fresh powder and no cell reception, is there a better combination?
Ski tour into a remote backcountry zone selected by our professional mountain guides. From here you’ll set up basecamp, complete with a communal basecamp tent and surrounding private tents. Then ski tour the surrounding powder covered peaks over 2 days.
Secret locations will be selected by your ski guide within the Squamish-Lillooet region, depending on snow and weather conditions.
For the adventurous backcountry skier looking for something a something challenging, memorable and exhilarating. You should have a decent level of fitness and be able to ski black runs in variable conditions. You should be prepared for some cold moments!
Dates on request, usually Saturday-Sunday
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Your guide and host quickly pack down the snowy basecamp area and start constructing the communal dome whilst you set up your tents – and if you need a helping hand, just shout. Roughly 30 minutes later, you have a full-blown basecamp, complete with your communal area, cooking zone and water supply. Chat to your host while they cook up a quick lunch, or feel free to join in if you’re looking for a more hands-on experience. Fill your pockets with emergency snacks before your guide takes you out for some proper powder runs. You manage 5 laps before your legs say “enough” and it’s time to head down to camp for a whisky by the fire.
Dinner is a hearty affair of charcuterie followed by shepherds pie, lovingly prepared by your host as you recount tales of old ski trips and future adventures around the fire. Your guide shows you the ultimate winter camping trick – the hot water bottle Nalgene, making sure your sleeping bag is toasty warm, before you clamber in, ready for tomorrow’s epic powder day!
Starting at CA$950 per person plus 5% tax
- Professional ski guiding x 2 days
- Backcountry meals prepared by host (day 1: lunch and dinner, day 2: breakfast and lunch)
- Private 4-season tents (based on 2 guests sharing)
- High-end camping gear, incl. Big Agnes sleeping bag with sub-zero rated down insulation, Hinman self-inflating, high-density foam core pad (with extra foam pad)
- Communal tent for meals and evening beers
- Option to add on ski touring gear. Avalanche safety equipment is required for backcountry riding and rentals are also available upon request.
Does not include:
- Ski touring / splitboarding equipment
- Avalanche rescue equipment (transceiver, probe, shovel)
- Transport to/from trailhead
- Basic equipment such as large pack (can be rented for extra charge)
- Suitable winter clothing
- If you don’t have access to backcountry touring or avalanche equipment, please let us know and we can assist in renting the appropriate gear.
Want to take your ski touring to the next level?
If waking up to the glorious backdrop of the Coast Mountain range sounds like your idea of a good time, then get in touch for rates and availability for you and your crew.