This 13 bedroom off-grid lodge provides the perfect base to heli-ski, watch the Aurora Borealis and unwind in the geothermal indoor/outdoor pools
Deplar Farm is one of the most magnificent lodges ever built. Completely off-the-grid on the Troll Peninsula of Northern Iceland, the lodge not only provides you with a remote getaway, but also offers incredible heli-skiing, receiving some of the highest average snowfalls on the planet. View the Aurora Borealis from you private geothermally heated indoor/outdoor pool, zone-out in a private flotation tank or unwind in the glass-clad yoga studio, with magnificent mountain views from the floor to ceiling windows. A converted sheep farm, it retains the raw, natural aesthetic, blending into it’s wild surroundings, whilst providing a cozy, warm, design-focused interior made of local stone, driftwood, sheepskins, black timber and floor to ceiling glass.
Located in the Fljót Valley on the Troll Peninsula of Northern Iceland, Deplar Farm sits within a wild and rugged landscape of mountains and plains. You will ski a maritime snowpack, meaning a variety of snow conditions and the ability to ski under the midnight sun. Deplar’s unique location also means Aurora Borealis (northern lights) viewings are common.
- Thirteen ensuite rooms (including suites and lofts)
- Geothermally heated indoor/outdoor pool complete with swim-up bar
- Sauna, hot tubs and steam room
- Full service spa with flotation tanks and treatment rooms
- Games room with billiards, table football and table tennis
- Fully stocked bar and lounge
- Yoga studio
- Extensive wine cellar and Icelandic craft beers
- Heli-skiing, cat-skiing, snowmobiling and more on offer.