Kimamaya Boutique Hotel
Rustic alpine luxury meets traditional Japanese minimalism
The definition of laid-back luxury, Kimamaya’s intimate alpine sanctuary is where snow and romance collide. Meaning ‘be yourself in Japanese’, this home away from home beckons seductively with roaring fires, soft powdery snow and a distinct minimalist design. With just nine rooms and a luxurious Japanese spa, guests will be given the five-star treatment, with a warm, friendly service that’s second-to-none. Get ready for the ultimate indulgence with traditional Japanese hot spring and massage treatments, or even just a glass of wine after a hard day on the slopes. Prepare to relax, unwind and unplug in this distinctly cosy mountain lodge.
Located right in the heart of Niseko’s Hirafu middle village, Japan’s renowned ski haven on the northern island of Hokkaido, and just 100km from Sapporo’s Chitose international airport, this snowy playground is a haven of alpine adventure year-round. Kimamaya By Odin is perfectly placed, set amongst some of the resort’s most talked about restaurants and bars, and just a seven-minute walk to the slopes. Private transfers can also be arranged by the hotel, which means you’ll be out the door and on the snow in a couple of minutes.
- Nine beautifully chic, minimalist rooms that come decked out with slick TV screens for after-ski movies, and modern ensuite bathrooms featuring trickling rain showers and Japanese loos
- The loft rooms feature an in-room mezzanine with a Japanese tatami floor and accommodate up to four guests
- Just 100m from the slopes
- Western and Japanese breakfast served at The Barn by Odin, Kimamaya’s charming neighbourhood restaurant and architectural masterpiece
- Spa with wooden (moku) or stone (ishi) onsen plus a selection of traditional Japanese treatments
- Guests are given a local mobile phone for the duration of their stay