Remote, cosy and luxurious fjord-side lodge
Thrill-seekers and nature-lovers alike will be drawn to the magic of Lyngen Lodge. A magical hideaway with excitement and adventure at every corner, this Norwegian winter wonderland will take you on a journey into another world. Ski from summit to sea, gazing out at the most breath-taking views you’ve ever experienced whilst skiing. Depending on the time of year, you may even be lucky enough to capture the Northern Lights’ ethereal light show reflecting in the fjord below. Mesmerizing doesn’t even come close.
And the magic doesn’t end there; the luxurious setting of Lyngen Lodge beckons in the distance, welcoming Arctic explorers a cozy sanctuary to relax and unwind in. Log fires flicker, while the thick blanket of snow on the grass roof adds an extra layer of comforting warmth. Rustic timber-clad interiors blend blissfully into the surrounding Norwegian landscapes, and the eight beautifully decorated bedrooms, that come dripping in Scandic-chic charm, will provide a peaceful shelter. You’ll sleep like you’ve never slept before. Even more so if you end your day with a glass of Aqua Vit in the outdoor jacuzzi.
Naturally, traditional Norwegian fare is at the heart of the Lyngen Lodge experience. Guests will be treated to plates of local delicacies, all lovingly produced with locally sourced ingredients and with traditional flavours at their core. You might have the chance to try reindeer, cod, halibut and silky, cured salmon, all of which come beautifully prepared reflecting the chef’s passion for food.
And if you want to catch the Northern Lights, you can merely step outside to their optimum viewing spot, or hop into the hot tub, to view the morphing dance of colours in all their glory.
A remote hideaway in the heart of the majestic Lyngen Alps, Lyngen Lodge is the epitome of peaceful seclusion. Arrive by plane, car or ferry, and you’ll capture a glimpse of the glistening fjords, and the hundreds of small islands dotted along the coastline. A 2.5 hour drive from Tromso airport, where you will fly into The picturesque village of Djupvik is five minutes away by car, but no doubt the stunning Nordic snows capes of the Lyngen Alps — all 90km of it — will be a welcome distraction. There are countless activities, from dog sledding and snowmobiles to skiing and show shoes, to keep you endlessly entertained.
- This boutique eight-suite lodge can sleep up to 18 guests, with the option of twin or double rooms (triples and singles are also available upon request)
- Traditional Norwegian cuisine reflecting the unique flavours of the region
- Front row seats to witness the magical beauty of the unforgettable Northern Lights
- Adventurous skiing in the Lyngen Alps — 90km of terrain with over 60 summits rising to more than 1000m
- Endless outdoor adventures including dog sleds, snowmobiles, cross country skiing and wildlife spotting winter sea safaris on the Lyngen fjords
- Relax and unwind in the sauna and outdoor hut tub where you might even get a glimpse at the magical Northern Lights