Traditional Japanese meets modern elegance
Surrounded by meadows and snow-covered forests, this secluded woodland hideaway is the essence of luxury and relaxation. A place to sit and reflect, experience authentic ryokan traditions in the serene, natural setting of the Hanazono Forest. Bliss out in a state of zen as you soak up Zaborin’s intimate charm. Inside and out, guests are encompassed by beauty — from the sleek, modern architecture to the natural spring onsens — simply sit back and let the serenity wash over you.
There are 15 impeccably designed villas to choose from, each one with its own private indoor and outdoor onsen boasting breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes. If you’re looking to dial up the romance, Zaborin is hard to beat. Food lovers will be treated to a masterful menu of signature kita kaiseki cuisine, lovingly prepared by award-winning chef, Yoshihiro Seno, whilst indoors there’s a library, a communal living space (complete with lakeside views), a bar where you can sample delicious Japanese whiskies, a local boutique, and massage room where you can arrange private spa treatments. There’s also a candlelit foot bath in the courtyard where you can rest weary feet after a hard day on the slopes.
Set in the heart of the secluded Hanazono Forest in Japan’s northern island, Hokkaido, Zaborin is a 7-minute drive to Niseko’s Hanazono resort. The quaint town of Niki is one hour’s drive away, and here you’ll discover an array of local vineyards and orchards. Drive a little further and you’ll hit Otaru, famed for its canals, old stone warehouses and superlative seafood dining scene.
- 15 lavish suites that sleep two, or for families some villas come with an additional tatami room that can be used as a second smaller room for children
- Each villa comes with two private hot spring baths (one indoor and one covered open-air onsen)
- Award-winning ‘kita kaiseki’ cuisine masterfully prepared by internationally renowned chef, Yoshihiro Seno
- A chanoza tea room where guests can meditate with a cup of Japanese matcha
- A communal living room complete with cosy fireplace and views of Mt Yotei
- A library filled with classic literary gems, films and boardgames
- An ashiyu candlelit foot bath in the outdoor courtyard
- Browse the in-house boutique filled with local ceramics, Zaborin soaps and Japanese loungewear
- Private massage room where you can indulge in a soothing spa session