Laid-back and elegant architectural masterpiece set to a dreamy alpine backdrop
With wild natural landscapes stretching as far as the eye can see, The Dacha’s ethereal backdrop — think pristine volcanic lakes, soaring mountain ranges and ancient glaciers — is reason alone to book into this remote alpine hideaway. The views are nothing short of spectacular. But The Dacha’s architectural masterpiece has its own allure, as enticing as the landscapes which surround. Carefully considered interiors bring the essence of the outdoors in; a fusion of cedar, schist, steel, glass and polished concrete wafts effortlessly throughout the lodge, while floor-to-ceiling windows with views of glistening lakes and thrusting mountains, bring you even closer to nature, without even stepping foot outside.
All cuisines are catered for with an alfresco BBQ, pizza oven and fully stocked kitchen (for the budding Master Chefs of the group) — although private catering can be provided if you’d prefer to observe from the sidelines.
For downtime there’s a library with books, DVDs and board games, a cosy fireplace, heated pool and spa, and beautifully manicured gardens for casual strolls. But with an alpine setting as rich and beguiling The Dacha’s — the majestic Lake Wanaka is practically on your doorstep — you’ll have your pick of adrenaline rushed adventure. From skydiving to skiing to climbing to biking. This family-friendly haven is a playground for outdoor activities.
Just 5 minutes drive (4 kms) from Wanaka town and about 30 minutes away from the Treble Cone ski area, The Dacha is perfectly located for foodie and alpine delights. It’s far enough from town to provide peace and tranquility, yet close enough to the neighborhood restaurants, shops, galleries and the uncrowded groomed slopes of Treble Cone’s extensive ski terrain.
- With five bedrooms plus a separate private apartment that sleeps two (The Banya) The Dacha sleeps 16 guests in total, perfect for groups or family gatherings (The Banya is completely private from the main Dacha Lodge, and can be booked exclusively for a romantic getaway)
- 5 minutes by car to Wanaka town; 30 minutes drive from the Treble Cone ski area
- An outdoor heated swimming pool and hot tub
- A BBQ, outdoor fire and pizza oven
- A library, DVD collection and board games
- Underfloor heating plus a drying room with heated boot rack to keep you toasty warm
- Perfectly manicured gardens boasting majestic views of the mountains and Lake Wanaka